WHY 1 DONKEY?
- Received a 1-month suspension from MSNBC for stating his opinion that President Obama acted “kinda like a dick” (2011)
- Circulated an internal staff memo at ABC news suggesting staff should favor John Kerry over George W. Bush in their coverage (2004)
- During the 2016 United States presidential election, Halperin was criticized for uncritical and often positive coverage of Republican Nominee, Donald Trump. In October 2016, The Washington Post’s Dana Milbank called Halperin’s analysis in the race “soulless” and “amoral.”
- Profits from books he’s written about the Presidential races, covering both Republican and Democrat campaigns
- Called The New York Times “The Onion” after post-election headline coverage that disparaged Trump instead of describing his victory
- Twitter feed fairly objective